Due to the high rejection rates and stringent selection, it is advisable that authors familiarise themselves with the listed conventions and guidelines of this journal. In order to stand a higher chance of getting published, save us a lot of time and work, and avoid (possible) disappointment from rejections, authors should:
- ensure their papers are not published elsewhere and that they have ownership of their papers.
- ensure their papers follow the style sheet.
- conduct interesting analyses, use interesting data and avoid clichés.
- avoid obscure language as reviewers of this journal are from disciplinary-diversed backgrounds.
- conduct analysis using scientific, systematic, detailed and theoretical approaches.
- ensure their work makes an original contribution.
- revise their own papers and get someone to evaluate their work prior to submitting their papers.
Authors can send their pre-reviewed papers to email@example.com with a subject heading that reads, "JML submission: [title of paper]".
There are two Word document files that must be prepared and submitted for review:
1. Supplementary document
The supplementary document must have these details:
- Title of paper
- Abstract (maximum of 150 words)
- Biodata (maximum of 60 words)
2. Main document
- Papers must be typed with a 1.5 spacing throughout.
- The paper's font must be Times New Roman throughout, font size 12, justified. Footnotes must be font size 10, justified. The title must be in bold, font size 16, indented right. Table contents must be size 10.
- The maximum number of words for the full article is 7,000 words, inclusive of footnotes, references and the abstract. The number of words for submission of research notes should be between 3,000 and 4,000 words, inclusive of footnotes, references and the abstract.
- Titles should not be obscure and lengthy (not more than 15 words).
- The abstract should be 150 words long, and no more than 6 keywords must be provided.
- Sections and subsections must be numbered.
- There should be a break for lengthy quotations over 40 words. They should also be indented with quotation markers.
- Only papers in English (American or UK) are accepted.
- Tables and figures should have short descriptive titles (above the tables and figures).
- Examples should be accompanied with glosses.
- Artwork or figures should be at least 300 dpi.
- Essential notes should be placed as footnotes, as indicated by the superscript numbers in the text.
- Referencing and in-text citation method should follow the APA style.
Authors are encouraged to use the provided template to format their papers.
Last update: 03-03-2017
| || |